Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Appliances are Here...Almost

Soooo like I said in my last post, Appliance Direct is on my sh!tlist and still is! When I called on Monday asking where in the heck are my appliances that I ordered 2 weeks ago that no one can tell me an estimated date to get them even though they said a week, I talked with the manager who told me that they would be in on Tuesday (yesterday) or definitely today. Ok great and then they'll call to deliver. I figured Friday which is what I posted.

This morning Leo and I were on our way out, when I get a phone call from AD. Wooo Whoo! Appliances are going to be scheduled for delivery! NOOOOO, it was the delivery men trying to find our house!!! No call saying oh it's going to be delivered today. So I had to ask if they could come this afternoon instead since we weren't home. I was excited though that is was coming early and I couldn't wait to see the new kitchen with the sleek appliances!

The men arrive around 2. They are unloading the fridge, microwave, and stove. As they were bringing in the microwave which they don't install (Problem #1), the guy states that my NEW IN THE BOX refrigerator has a dent in the front! GRRR!!! So I call AD and say what the heck. Ricky the manager informs me that I got a good deal on it. True, but I ordered last years model NEW IN THE BOX!!! Ok fine he tells me, I'll have to go down and pick out a new one. REALLY!?!?!?!?! Now I have to wait again to get my refrigerator!!! Problem #2!

So the men keep the fridge and come in to remove the stove. As he unplugs the stove sparks go flying!!!! Umm not good! We try to plug it back in to see if it's a fluke....NOPE more sparks!!! Problem #3! So I have an electrician coming out tomorrow morning. The guys obviously can't plug in the new stove, but bring it in anyway. They leave.

As I'm checking out the new stove which is FANCY, I realize IT'S NOT GOING TO FIT IN OUR SPACE!!!! Seriously!?!?!? I get out the measuring tape. Sure enough 1.5 inch too long! I call back the delivery men who just left to come back and get it. Problem #4! I am super pissed and call AD. Ricky informs me that it does fit a standard stove opening just that since it's a slide in, it is supposed to be raised up so the top rests on the Granite...ohhhhhh :) The problem was that the delivery men should have installed it, but since they didn't because of Problem #3, I didn't realize. I call back the delivery men who were already here and told them never mind and that I was a crazy woman :) They said they'd show me and install it partially. Whew! Here is the new stove partially installed.
And here is my new microwave...in a box ;)And my almost beautiful and definitely not matching kitchen.Problem #1 will be taken care of by Mr. E....I hope :) He thinks he's handy enough to install a microwave.

I think what I'm going to do about Problem #2 is to get a refund on the refrigerator and order a brand new model and suck up the price. A lesson learned is that you pay for what you get on big purchases!!!

Problem #3 will hopefully be fixed tomorrow. I pray that there is nothing majorly wrong or something that the last stupid electrician did to our wires!!!

And problem #4 is already taken care of!! Really this kitchen is going to be done!!!!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Hmmmm...it may have been easier to just move into a new house! Just kidding. Hopefully it's done soon!!

Lyndsay said...

Chop, chop....you have a party in a couple of weeks:) j/k I hope everything works out ok, especially with the electric issue!