Thursday, August 6, 2009

Kitchen Remodel Day 8

The Granite is IN!!! My kitchen is starting to look like a kitchen....wooo whoooo!!!! I thought that it would take longer to get the granite in and done, but they were in and out in about 40 mins. I'm sure glad I paid A LOT of money for granite installation (yes, Jay I know it was a big slab). Oh well it's in and it looks nice :) I still would have liked a longer slab though!!!

Here is the new sink before installation. It is going to be undermounted. The men brought in the smaller pieces first which are the wall cabinets.
It took 3 men to wheel it through the door which it barely fit through....I could have had a bigger piece if they went through the back door and *found* one;)
Here they are installing it. The guys were so hot and needed a drink. I used the island for the first time :)They drilled in the holes for sink and sealed the granite with something that right now is giving me a slight headache! Thank goodness Little Lion is napping in the other room!! Here is the finished project!!

Ahhh the start of a beautiful kitchen!

1 comment:

Lopez Family said...

LOVE the granite and the island! I can't wait to see the final pictures, I know you are so excited for it.