Monday, August 3, 2009

Kitchen Remodel Day 5 *updated*

Today is finishing up the floor tile. It's not too exciting of a day since I've kinda gotten used to the tile already from the weekend. Here is what Frank and his guy are up to.
I'm a little concerned about how the tile looks next to our original tile. Since it's diagonal and straight. Not much I can do about it now. I guess that's what I get for being cheap and not tiling the whole house :)
Here is the almost done island with tile :)This weekend we bought a desk and chair from West Elm to go under the kitchen window. We weren't going to put anything there, but thought the space was too open. Plus we can plug in our computer and phones there. Here's a picture of them.
I'll be updating later with finished kitchen tile pictures!!!

Stupid Blogger ate my post!!!!! Anyway, I thought they'd be done today, but they are NOT! Frank and his guy ran out of tile AND thin set!!! They have to order more. It should be in a couple days. So we shouldn't be behind schedule....hopefully :) Here is the almost finished tile floor :)
As you can see they didn't grout it either. Oh the joys of home remodeling!

2 comments:

Regina said...

There is always some sort of glich when remodeling!! It took us over a month just to do our bathroom. I like the desk from W.E.

Lopez Family said...

Love the desk as well! Hope everything continues on schedule for you.