Saturday, February 28, 2009

RIP Grandma Keller!

Today is a sad day.  My last Grandparent died.  Grandma Keller was 89 years old.  She was a wonderful lady who in the past 10 years suffered from Alzheimers.  Little Lion and I went to visit her in August and I'm so glad we did.  I wanted her to meet LL and see me even if she didn't recognize me.  I still felt it was important.  She was in a chipper mood when we saw her and she even sang for us.  
I'm not sure what day the funeral will be yet.  We are hoping to go up to Wisconsin, if the stars align.  My parents are driving up tomorrow.  I'd like to fly, but airfare is $350 pp and LL isn't free anymore.  That is a lot of money.  We could drive with my parents, but 24 hours in the car is a LONNNNNNNNGGGGGGG time with a 2 year old.  So I'm looking into driving one way and flying another.  The decision will be made tomorrow.  I just don't want to make the wrong one ;)

Grandma will be missed dearly.  I'll always remember her always baking me a cake on my birthday.  I never ate it though because she always made them with random flavors.  Like a peanut butter Barbie cake :)  It's the thought that counts!  Rest in Peace Grandma.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. If there is anything I can do please let me know.

Sharen said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers...need anything, please call.