Monday, March 9, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Yeah we are finally home from a whirlwind week.  It was non stop! I'm thankful to be back to normal and warm weather!  I must warn you that when I haven't blogged in a week, I make up for here in this one :)

Little Lion and I ended up driving up to Wisconsin with my parents on Sunday afternoon.  But before we went, I had to buy LL a jacket, hat, mittens, shoes, and black pants for myself since I don't dress up anymore (luxury of being a stay at home mom).  First off trying to find a winter jacket and hat/mittens in Florida in February is not an easy thing!  We went to several stores until I finally found one at Macy's for $7.50!!!!  

We left at 7pm in our Volvo XC90.  LL was a good boy in the car.  It didn't hurt that we brought along the Ipod touch to entertain him :)  He slept ok during the night except when we had to stop for gas at 2 am and when you get out the door the car lights go on which of course woke him up.  Plus sleeping in the upright position for 10 hours is not comfortable.  Can you blame him for being crabby???  The drive was easy with little traffic except it was windy.  We made it in good time..25 hours!  An odd observation...there was ZERO snow until we got into Wisconsin.  I take that as a sign that you shouldn't live there :)  LOL

We spent the night at my Aunt and Uncle's house in Milwaukee.  Tuesday morning, we left for Marinette.  There was a family viewing for my Grandma which LL and I didn't attend.  Instead we went out for dinner with my brother and nieces.  We were very excited to see them and miss them very much.  LL just loves his cousins!  It does help that they fawn all over him. Wednesday was the funeral.  It was a nice service.  Many of my grandma and step grandpa's friends came.  I enjoyed seeing my aunts and uncles that I don't get to see often.  I don't think that they have all been together since our wedding 5 years ago.  Here is a picture of my Dad and Mom and his 2 brothers and sister.  
After the funeral, I took my nieces out to a movie.  Yes Marinette does have a movie theater.  Granted there is only 6 movies showing ;)  We saw Mall Cop.  It was cute and it's nice to spend quality time with the girls since we don't get to do it often!

Thursday after spending more time with the family at my grandparent's house and dinner with my nieces, we headed back down to Milwaukee.  I had plans with my cousin Jess and her 2 boys to go to the Betty Brinn children's museum on Friday morning.  Plus I had an appointment with the Volvo dealership to get an oil change since I was over my mileage from driving to Wisconsin.  

Jess picks up Leo and I from the dealership and we head to the museum.  The kids had a great time playing with the train, grocery shopping, banking, and post office.  It was a nice morning after all the sadness of the week.  Here's Jess's son and LL in the grocery store and LL in the train. 

After leaving the museum, Jess and I and the kids headed back to my aunt and uncle's for lunch and naps.  We put the kids down and Jess and I caught up over a bottle of Pinot...it was 5 o'clock somewhere...right???? I really love talking with her!  We have a lot in common and she's like the long lost sister I never had.  I'm glad she was picked by my favorite cousin :)  

That evening we took the kids to Monkey Joe's which is an indoor bounce house.  The boys had a good time and the mommies did too!

Notice I'm not in any of these pictures!! Notice there is no snow pictures!! That is because I took all the pictures except for the one with LL and I in the snow which my Dad has on his camera.  You must be wondering if LL liked the snow.  Well he did NOT!  He wanted nothing to do with it as well as not wanting to wear his jacket/hat/mittens/shoes :)  LL is definitely a Florida boy at heart!!!!  

LL and I flew out on Saturday.  My parents drove my SUV the rest of the way home.  Let me say that this flight was the scariest flight I have ever been on in my life!!!!  I'm a pretty frequent flier and usually fly 1-3 a year.  But this flight was the first flight that I was truly praying to God that we would make it!  When we left Milwaukee there was  huge rain storm.  I wasn't concerned because I figured we'd fly above it or around it....WRONG!  The first 45 mins of flight were excruciating!  We were up and down and free falling.  My chest felt the pain as well as my stomach.  The lady sitting next to me was on the verge of puking and was kicking the ground in despair.  Luckily LL was sooo tired from the trip that he fell asleep instantly at take off and was never the wiser.  You could hear the anguish in the fellow passengers and all of the kids were crying (minus my sleeping child).  And just like that it was over.  The rest of the flight was smooth sailing.  Thank goodness!!!!  

Our other issue coming back was with our XC90 that my parents were driving.  After dropping us off at the airport, they get to the car and turn it on.  It tells them that the oil is low.  UMMM I just had an oil change the day before!!!  They call the Volvo dealership where I took it.  They inform my parents that no service people were there at 4 pm and they were out of luck since they aren't open on Sunday.  My Dad checked the oil and there was NONE on the dipstick!!!!  So he bought some and added it in which turned off the check oil light.  They decided to continue on and check it every couple of hours.  It wasn't an issue the rest of the trip.  Except now, I had to bring it into our dealership today and call the stupid Volvo in Waukesha to complain!  (yes if someone googles this they'll see my complaint!) Our dealership said that they must have not filled it up correctly and it wasn't leaking which is good news.  Bad news is that the stupid Waukesha dealership hasn't called me back yet!!!  That just makes me angrier!  Plus they charge double what our dealership does for the same services!  GRRRRR!!!  I'll keep you posted how this pans out.

Whew are you with me still???  All in all the trip went well.  I'm glad to have been able to go and say my good byes to my Grandma and see the family.  I hope the next time we all get together it's for a happier reason!  And on a happy family note.  Here is my cute nieces and son ;)

 



No comments: