Monday, January 12, 2009

Kitty 911

My lovely in-laws are in India at the moment for my mother-in-law's knee replacements....yes that's right India.  This could be a whole blog post in itself, but I'll save that for later when all is said and done.  Anyway, they live on a few acres of land by our house.  Over the past couple of years, stray cats have come and gone.  My MIL feeds them occasionally.  Well the mommy cat, had 4 kittens about a month ago.  As the inlaws were leaving, they asked if Little Lion and I could come over every couple of days to feed them and feed their coy fish.  Sure no sweat.  I need all the Daughter-in-law points I can get ;)

5 days later, we get over to there house.  (Now don't think bad of me, I was sick and still am for that matter)  I call for the kitties.  They won't come to you, but will come out of hiding.  All of a sudden I hear this loud meowing.  LL and I go searching for the cat.  It is in their LOCKED garage!!!  I don't have a key, but this poor baby obviously was hungry and wanted out!!!

I called my brother-in-law B.  He says he doesn't know how to get in and that other BIL, A didn't either.  GREAT!  B says he'll be fine.  I'm sure there is mice in there.  BUT no water!!!  I reminded him.  BIL B thought maybe BIL T would know.  He texted him.  (Confused yet???  Mr. E has 3 younger brothers, B, T, and A) .

I take LL out to the back of the house where the kitties hang out and feed them.  I notice the 3 kittens.  There should be 4.  They are still nursing and I'm really starting to panic that the poor baby was going to die in there!  I try to wait patiently while LL feeds the fish and plays on their swing set.  (Yes the grandparents have a very fancy swingset!)

BIL B finally calls me back.  He says there is a lock box and here's the code.  WHEW!!!  I immediately go to the garage and open the door hoping not to see something bad.  Nope just a very hungry kitten who was afraid to come out.  So I put some food down outside the door and walk away.  Eventually kitty came out ;)  Hooray!!!

I see the Mommy cat come quickly and started licking and loving on the baby.  AWWWW :)  I've done my good deed for the day!  Let's hope it pays off and my sickness goes away!!!!!!

No comments: