Friday, April 10, 2009

A Peep Farm!

For Easter, I thought I'd make desert for our two family get togethers this weekend.  I knew I wanted to make something with cake....It's buy one get one free at Publix :)  So after googling for a while.  I found and easy way to make cute peep cupcakes.  
The idea is for the Chick Peep to be sitting on *grass*.  The grass is made out of coconut shavings and green frosting.  This sounds easy enough for me :)

I started out making 2 dozen cupcakes.

While letting them cool, I got out the frosting, food coloring, and coconut shavings and mixed them together.

Next time would have gotten coconut shavings, not flakes which is all I saw at Publix.  I frosted all of the cupcakes and added the peeps, so they'll stick to the frosting.  


Wah La!  A Peep Farm!  I can't wait to eat them!!  May you eat many Peeps this weekend!!

1 comment:

Sharen said...

You are too great! Love your PEEP cupcakes! :)