Friday, April 10, 2009

Decorating Eggs

This is the first year, I felt that Little Lion kinda has an idea about what is going on during holiday times.  So I decided that we would do some crafts.  I had bought last year for 75% an egg dying kit....you know me the shop ahead queen for a bargain! It helps too that it was a rainy day and we were stuck in the house waiting for our new king size mattress to arrive (to be blogged about when bedroom is complete).    
I thought 7 colors was a little much for a 2 year old.  So we made 3 colors.  And I only had 4 eggs left ;)  After hard boiling the eggs, we wrote our names on the egg with the *magic* pen ie wax pen.  Then Leo dipped them into the bowls.

He enjoyed putting the eggs in the colored water, but waiting for them to take the color was not so fun.  He got antsy and wanted down :)  At least he got it started!  Here are our beautiful eggs. 

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!

2 comments:

Regina said...

Looks like fun!! We are going to attempt this today. Which will most likely result in ME doing all the work... but I don't mind!

Sharen said...

You are way better than I! We skipped the whole dying the eggs tradition this year...now I feel guilty. Awww, man.