Monday, April 6, 2009

Blog 1: 2 Legit 2 Legit to Quit...Hey Hey

Saturday was such a beautiful day/evening outside!  It was sunny and in the low 80's. Perfect Florida weather!!  Mr. E and I decided to take Little Lion to Universal with us to enjoy the park and parade and MC Hammer ;)  

We got to Universal around 7 and went to the kids area.  There they have Fievel's playland.  It has water, slides, and climbing nets.  What more could a little boy ask for???  LL favorite part was the water area.  He liked dipping his hands in water and splashing.  He also enjoyed jumping in the puddles.  


Little Lion is now becoming brave enough to go through the climbing structures without having mom or dad's hand. Here he is in a tunnel. I specifically matching his clothes with the tunnel :)
After playing for an hour we headed over to Mel's Diner for a milkshake and to watch the parade. The same parade we were in last week. My parents were working and this time they were with the Steamboat.

At this point LL wasn't enjoying the parade. He was overwhelmed with all the crowd and people were throwing beads at him :)  He didn't get it.  
We had to put him in his stroller with the sunshade down in order for him to not get whipped with beads.  It hurts to have them land on your head!!!  LL did end up with some beads in his lap even with the sunshade down :)

After the parade we walked over to where we were for Kelly Clarkson.  It was definitely NOT as crowded, but we wanted to have enough room for LL to dance and not have to worry that he was going to bother people.  MC Hammer came on late.  The crowd was starting to get annoyed.  He came out with "Let's Get It Started".  He unfortunately didn't wear his Hammer pants;(  However, he was dancing like a mad man!  BUT Hammer is not a young pup at 47 and needed a 2 minute break in between EVERY song!!!!  Many people left after the first couple of songs since it was annoying to wait for the next one.  LL had fun though dancing in the street and getting the people's attention around us.  
Hammer continued to sing and dance to his great songs....2 Legit 2 Quit, Inside Out, Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em. My parents had finished working so they came over to play with LL.  I decided to see how close I could get to the stage. I was able to walk to the FRONT row pretty easily.  Now remember at Kelly Clarkson, I couldn't even get to my girlfriend the next street over!!  So I watched Hammer for a few minutes and attempted to take pictures which turned out really dark, so I won't share.  I walked back and LL was ready to go.  He was saying Bye to everyone ;)  All in all, it was a great day.  I wouldn't recommend a MC Hammer concert unless it was FREE :)  



1 comment:

Regina said...

Sounds like a fun day with the family. If MC Hammer was taking 2 minute breaks inbetween songs, who was entertaining during that time? I guess I won't rush out to buy MC tickets!