Monday, April 6, 2009

Blog 2: The Birds!!

Yup 2 posts in one day ;)  I can't help it, so much to talk about :)

Remember the Alfred Hitchcock's movie The Birds??  Click on the picture for a closer view.
This was the sight above our house today!!!  Yes those are ALL birds!!!!

Little Lion and I walked outside to get the mail.  I looked up and did a double take!  There was literally THOUSANDS of birds flying in a circular pattern.  At times it almost looked liked a tornado.  

I have no idea what type of birds they are or why they are doing that, but we couldn't take our eyes off.  It was such an organized activity and the birds all flew in a smooth swift motion.  The birds have been there all morning.  I was in such awe I took a ton of pictures.  

Does this mean something???  Are they looking for mates??  Are they discussing how to go back north??  Is there a storm a brewing??  Anyone know????


No comments: