Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The End of the Month!!!

Mr. E always warns me that *the end of the month* means the cops are out!  Well I guess he is right.  I got a speeding ticket today!  UGH!!!  
So I'm driving Little Lion to meet some friends at the park today.  We were going to a park across town.  I decided to call my Mom and chit chat while driving.  I'm on the highway.  As I'm about to pass the trooper on the side of the road, I say to my mom he is totally going to pull me over and I look at how fast I'm going.  Sure enough he pulls out and puts the lights on.  

I pull over.  He comes up to the door and asks if I was on the phone.  Yes. Do I know what the speed limit is.  Yes, it's 65, but JUST changed to 55.  He tells me I was going 74 which I probably was :)  

Of course the SNEAKY trooper sits right after the 10 mph drop to get unsuspecting drivers which I looked like since I was on the phone.  

He comes back with a ticket for $111.  He tells me that he's giving me a *break* by putting 9 miles over the limit instead of 19.  I personally think a break would be a warning ;)  He just knew I knew he was being SNEAKY!!!

There goes my Mother's Day gift right out the door.  One of the joys of not working and feeling guilty over money.  

Another interesting thing I found was that if you take the driver's class you don't get a discount on the ticket anymore.  You just don't get the points taken off your record.  I wonder how much insurance would go up with a speeding ticket????  Is it worth my time and effort to take the class??? UGH!!  At least I'll be in Paris and London in a week :)

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Yeah...being nice - sort of like the ticket I got when we made our trip to Niagara Falls with Ronzo & Chris!!!

Sharen said...

Wasn't this your first ever ticket?