Sunday, March 15, 2009

Can You Hear Me Now?

Yesterday, Mr. E and I (and his coworker S) went to Gatornationals in Gainesville.  It was my first time to a drag racing competition.  Mr. E has been going for a few years, but I've always managed to get out of it.  Mr. E really wanted me to go and feel the excitement. How much excitement can you feel??  Drag racing didn't sound very exciting.  It's just 2 cars racing each other a short distance..woo hoo.  It sounded as exciting as the Pepsi 400 Nascar race we went to...cars going round and round and round and round and round....... (not knocking diehard fans, just not my cup of tea)

He enticed me by telling me about the fun tailgating they do with breakfast, lunch, and lots of beer included.  A bunch of his friends and wives were going too.  OK great, I like that :0)  Here is our set up.  We had 2 tents, 2 grills, 20 chairs, 1 table, 8 coolers, and lots of food and beer.
While we were tailgating.  ESPN came over and filmed us in our crazy glory.  After eating breakfast, we headed over to the track.  Mr. E explained that it would be loud, and we needed earplugs.  I was like for cars?????  However, marriage is nicer with earplugs in :)

WOOAAHHH!! The first race started, I luckily put my earplugs in in time.  The sound literally made me jump and it shook my whole body as the 2 cars going 250mph past us.  I couldn't believe the power that they had.  I can see why guys would be into this.  There was even a few female drivers.  They of course kicked butt!  


After watching the races, we walked around.  They had tents for all the teams where you could watch them fix the cars and meet the drivers.  They also had many booths to buy car parts and apparel.  It was a car flea market :)

When we got home, we were exhausted!  A long day in the sun leads to heavy eyelids!!  Little Lion had spent the day with his grandparents, and enjoyed himself with all of their attention and was bushed too. Mr. E even had a nice tan or should I say sunburn.  

Yes it was pretty amazing, but once was enough for me :)  I'll hang out with LL next time and let Mr. E hang with the boys!

No comments: