Thursday, March 12, 2009

Updates

Blog:
If you haven't noticed, I'm changing the look of the blog.  I think it's time for a new look.  Don't be surprised if it only stays like this for a few days or hours ;)  Beauty takes time :)

Volvo Issues:
After 3 days of me calling and leaving voicemails with the service manager, he finally found the time to call me (insert sarcasm here)!  Our first phone call he admitted that the mechanic must have made a mistake, but now he had no idea how it could have happened when his men double checked it.  Well I don't know what his men's issues are, but we were short oil!  So he said he'd refund me 50% of my bill.  Fine.  I, however, think that the Winter Park Volvo should get the rest of the money since they fixed the problem and put in new oil for FREE with zero hassle! So Fields Jaguar, Land Rover, Volvo dealership in Waukesha get a 3 out of 10 in the service department and customer service for that matter.  (Hopefully google will bring some hits and save people the problems :)  All in all, I'm happy that it's finished and money will be coming our way.  

Paris Trip Update:
We booked our train tickets to London!!!!!!!  We will be there for the day and hitting all the major sites.  Prince Harry here I come....oh wait ;)  I mean Big Ben here we come :)

We also booked our apartment.  It's in the 6th district and near many sites and subway stations.  It is one bedroom with 1.5 baths with a cute cafe across the street.  It includes a computer and internet and free phone calls to the US which will be nice since we're leaving Little Lion home.  Here are some pictures from our love nest for the week ;)


I can't wait to go!  Things are falling into place nicely.  And for the money break down so far. 
Air $842
Apartment $1200
Train $208
Total: $2250
All we need to buy while there is food, admission to sites, and souvenirs :) We should be right around the $3000-3500 range.  Anyone want me to plan a trip for them?  
 

1 comment:

Regina said...

Yes, I'd like to go to Italy some day for right around that price of your trip. In the mean time, I have to fly to Providence, RI to watch my Brother-in-law graduate on May 23. Any advice on finding cheap flights???

PS~ I LOVE the new look!!!!!!