Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Freaking Thanksgiving....Warning TMI

A belated Happy Thanksgiving day to all my loyal readers!  I hope you all ate until you had to unbutton your pants!

Our Thanksgiving however, was not so fantastic.  Wednesday night around 8 my eye started bothering me.  Remember when I blogged about Little Lion poking me in the eye when he was one month old.  Well the pain started again.  I figured I must be dehydrated and drank a bottle of water and went to bed.  In the morning I woke up to this..... GRAPHIC.....Sorry a not so pretty picture!  
I was in pain!  I thought hmmm maybe it's pink eye instead.  Granted I didn't know anyone who had pink eye, but you never know with all the germs around.  So I didn't want to go to Thanksgiving and expose everyone to pink eye.  I called the nurse hotline through AARP...thanks Dad :)  She said it didn't sound like Pink Eye which was good news.  Except now I was worried wether or not I needed antibiotics.  Now remember it's Thanksgiving day....is anything open....NO!!!!  Luckily for me, Mr. E has been doing a side job of setting up a doctor's office.  Guess what kind of doctor....an EYE doctor!!  So I texted her and then talked to her.  She said it didn't sound like pink eye also and she'd see me tomorrow (Friday) if it didn't get better.  So off we went to Thanksgiving lunch at my parents, dinner at Mr.E's family.  I just wore sunglasses all day since my eye was sooo sensitive to light and looked even worse then the picture above.  I was in pain and took Tylenol all day.  And I carried a tissue because my eye just leaked and leaked tears.  

The next day, Friday, I woke up with the same amount of pain except now my vision was blurry in that eye.  I called the Dr. who agreed to see me on her day off...Mr. E went to work also on her stuff ;)  She checked me out and agreed that my cornea abrasion had returned.  She informed that I will probably deal with this for the rest of my life.  I just need to be proactive.  I should use eye drops daily and take flax seed oil to keep the moisture in my eye.  Basically (ready for a medical lesson) the cornea is weak in that spot and when you rub the spot because of dry eyes the new cells slack off.  Therefore over time the spot eventually becomes the hole of Little Lion's finger.  Who said having kids was easy????  

I am now dilating my eye with drops every 2-4 hours and putting another healing drop in my eye every 2-4 hours and putting antibiotics in morning and night.  I do this all weekend until I see the Dr on Monday.   Good times. Good times.

Little Lion is really really lucky he is so darn cute with all this pain he has put me through!!!


No comments: