Thursday, November 6, 2008

AWing LIttle Lion

My son is a GENIUS!!!  At least to me anyway ;)  A few days ago, I got Little Lion up and put him on the floor to change his diaper.  I usually give him something to do so he stays still.  I handed him a hooked on phonics electronic number game.  It looks like a calculator and yes it's odd that it's numbers, but hooked on phonics ;)  
Anyway, so I'm not really paying attention to what game his playing.  He got this toy from Grandma on our trip to Hawaii, so he's learning to pick different games and press the buttons.  All of a sudden I hear Marvelous, Great Job, Super!  I think to myself "Wow he is having great luck!"  I continue to listen.  It's find the number game.  "Find the number 7."  LL presses 7.  "Excellent!"  "Find the number 10."  LL presses 10.  "Marvelous!" "Find the number 2."  LL presses 2!  HOLY MOLY!!!!!  He knew all of the numbers!!!!!!!!!!  I've never sat down with him and actually went through the numbers.  We do point them out to him, but never pressured him.  And the crazy part is that HE BARELY TALKS, but knows his numbers????!!!  I feel so proud that he is being a little sponge.  Does this mean he's going to be an engineer??????  

PS...It's not a fluke ;)  He still knows them a few days later :)  

No comments: