Monday, November 24, 2008

How Old Do I Look????

30???  21???  46???  17???  24???  36???

I went to Publix today (our local grocery store) to get food (duh) for the holidays and to eat (duh again).  I had Little Lion with me in the BIG race car cart.  This thing really could knock someone out and the turn radius is NOT good.  I suck it up however, because LL will actually sit in it for the majority of our shopping trip.  I filled up our cart and only had one minor LL tantrum (woo whoo).  The last thing I added to our obnoxious cart was Mr. E and my favorite beer, Leinenkugels.  (Yeah Wisconsin beer!) I bought 2 six packs of Honey Wheat since that's all they sell.  

I get to the check out and put all the grocery's on the checkout.  I go over to swipe my credit card when I notice that I don't have my Discover Card (no big deal, even though it's 5% cash back now on groceries), but I don't have my driver's license either.  (See where this is going?).  I had given both of those to Mr. E on Saturday night for our date night to Roy's and Twilight movie.  I didn't want to bring my purse.  Well I forgot to put them back in my purse.  I thought oh well I'll pay with my debit card, they don't need an id for that.  What I didn't think would happen was the cashier, whom I've bought many groceries from before including beer, would ask for my id to buy beer!!!!!!!!!!  

Cashier:  Do you have your id?
Me:  Really?  I actually don't it's in my husband's wallet.
LL:  WAAAAAA  (he wanted a balloon).
Cashier:  I can't sell you beer without an id.
Me:  Really???  I'm 30!  (thinking about my eye wrinkles and looking at LL and this big ass cart thinking what teenage would have all these groceries and a whining 2 year old in car cart???)
Cashier:  Sorry, you can't buy it. (as she takes the 2 six packs away)
Me:  Fine. Whatever.  REALLY I'M 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UGH!  I was soooo annoyed.  I mean I understand you need to see an id for someone who looks young.  I think I look young too, but NOT under 21 young!!!!  Plus that would mean I'd have LL when I was 18(no offense to anyone who did).  Sheesh!  So I have no beer and I'll have to go back tomorrow (we can't make it through the holidays at the inlaws without it!) and you better believe I'm going through that lady's line!!!  And I will definitely be pointing out that I'm THIRTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I never thought I'd be so proud to announce my age ;)

No comments: