Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dinosaur Pull-Apart Cake

Since I'm infamously *known* for my cakes :)  I thought I'd blog about my creation this evening.  Tomorrow is Mr. E's coworker's birthday.  I had bought a while back a pull-apart dinosaur cupcake pan for 75% off ;)  I thought I'd use it for Little Lion's 2nd birthday.  Tonight was the perfect time to try it out.  Plus boys don't care what their cake looks like as long as it tastes good. Using the 50% off Halloween cake mix minus the orange and brown confetti, I made the cake in this pan.
I took out the pieces.  As you can see it stuck to the pan even though I floured it.  I put the pieces together.  So when you serve the guests they just need to pull a section...no knives :)
I fixed the part that was stuck in the pan by glueing it back together.  The glue is frosting ;)  
Next I used black frosting liner to outline the arms and feet.  He also needed eyes and a mouth.  
Then I intended to use the ziplock bag trick to frost it.  That is when you put the frosting in a baggie and cut the tip.  However, the frosting I bought was too creamy for it to work well.  So I just good ole frosted it.  
Finally for the finishing touch, we added Skittles to the dinosaur's body.  Sorry it's sideways...you get the point ;)
He needed to get a gift too.  We went to my favorite store....Target :)  And I have to brag on our deals!  We bought him a wine refrigerator for $50!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It was $200!  Score!!!

No comments: