Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mr.E and I....The Love Story

Good Bye 2008!  This year has been a good one.  Let's hope next year is even better!!!  

Tonight is New Year's Eve :)  Mr. E and I have BIG plans.....watching a movie and drinking champagne as the ball drops.  What do you expect with a toddler at home???  Plus tonight is our SEVEN year anniversary of when we met :)  So we like to spend a little alone time together to remember our meeting.  I only think it's appropriate to tell the interesting tale here :)

****FLASHBACK****

Back 7 years ago, I was a young single woman who enjoyed to have a good time with her friends.  I lived my my best friend T.  Every NYE we always went downtown to our favorite bar with our friends and the masses.  We always flirted hard and enjoyed the attention:)  

This year was going to be no different.  We had a group of 10 people that took a cab downtown after being locked out of our house and me having to shimmy through the tiniest window opening ( a whole other story).  So I was a little hesitant as to what the evening had in store for us.  We arrive at our favorite bar and start dancing and drinking and having a great time with our friends.  

Well T and I are minglers and we always chatted it up with guys in hopes of getting a free beer :)  Hey I was a poor teacher ;)  It was around 11 when I see T talking with the cute, but dorky guy.  She motioned me over.  I said hey and T was telling me how cute his goatee was.  When suddenly a guy T was seeing came over and swept her away.  I was stuck with dorky guy.  I kinda felt bad for him because he was alone or so I thought.  I thought to myself..hmm maybe I'll hook him up with one of my friends who is more interested in finding a boyfriend.  Guy however, introduces himself as Mr.E :)  I start asking questions about why was he alone on NYE...was he a scary stalker guy???  He wasn't and introduced me to his brother and girlfriend (who are now married).  They were oddly dressed in glow sticks and hats and other obnoxious things I wouldn't wear at the time.  We continue to talk, but I'm getting anxious to get back to my friends.  I wasn't looking for a date.  I tried to pawn him off on a friend, but Mr. E wasn't having it and continued to vi for my attention.  Finally to get rid of him I said, if you aren't kissing anyone at midnight, you owe me a beer.  I thought score free beer, he's too dorky to kiss a girl;)  So I leave.  Midnight rolls around and I look over at him and sure enough no girls.  He motions to get a beer :)  I retrieve it.  Mr. E continues to talk to me and tries to get my number.....no no I don't give my number out to strangers.  I take my beer and go back to my friends.  

Well 2 more times during the evening Mr. E continues to ask for my number.  Finally at 3 as the bar was closing, I gave it to him probably because of all the alcohol :)  He called a few days later and I was busy, but he was persistent and continued until we had our first date a week later.  The rest is history ;)  We have been inseparable ever since.  And people say you can't meet nice guys in bars :)

I am glad that he decided to go out with his brother and be so persistent!  He has made the last seven years wonderful and fulfilling.  I look forward to at least seven more with him;o)

Have a great NYE everyone!  Enjoy the night with your loved ones and be safe!!  Don't forget to make resolutions.  I'll be posting mine soon ;)

No comments: