Thursday, June 26, 2008

Why I stay home

Finally my ESOL class is done...wooo whooo!!!  My poor Little Lion has been passed around all week between people.  Monday, Little Lion went to the inlaws house.  Now to preface this post, I must add that we have a strained relationship.  I know they love Little Lion, but the things they do can down right irritate the junk out of me and Mr. E. 

 So Sunday night, being the good mom that I am, I write down all important information, what he'll eat for lunch and snacks which of course are in bags ready to go, and that he goes down for a nap between 1-1:30 and since he's not used to their house to just lay with him on the bed and he'll go to sleep with no problems.  I call at lunch to check on him which I've down everyday this past week, and I get no answer.  I call Mr.E yup he's been calling all morning too....no answer.  So I'm already annoyed as is Mr. E.  My class gets done at 1.  I figure that since I'll be home in 45 minutes, I'll just put him down and that way I can get my homework done in peace.  I call and actually get through.  Grandma E says "shhh he's sleeping"....it's 1:00...."Wow I reply that was quick"...."oh well he's not really sleeping, I put him in the crib awake and he's crying.  When I watch other grandson, he goes right to sleep.  Plus Little Lion napped at 12:00 for 20 mins...I rocked him."  UMMMMMMM this is not what I asked or normally do with Little Lion!!!!  Why would you make my poor baby cry in an unfamiliar crib in an unfamiliar room and not do what I ask of you to make this week as easy as possible for Little Lion without throwing off his schedule???  So I calmly tell her to take him out and I'll be there in a few to rescue...I mean pick up....Little Lion.  I arrive there and Little Lion is NOT in the same outfit I sent him in.  "Oh he got a little wet from the hose, but he didn't like it when it sprayed his face."  REALLY?!  "Plus I didn't like the outfit you put on him anyway."  IT WAS A SHIRT YOU BOUGHT!!!!!  I take him home and realize his outfit smells like an ashtray....they don't smoke....it must have been a garage sale outfit that wasn't washed....EWWWWWWWW.  And the diaper he was wearing was some generic.  Now mind you I sent plenty of diapers for her to use.  GRRRRRRR!  

So Mr. E decided to take Tuesday off.  They of course had a good time.  Mr. E was beat though at the end of the day ;)  

Wednesday, Little Lion went to my parent's house.  Now this is who we call to babysit whenever, we go anywhere.  Grandma and Pop Pop adore Little Lion and are great with him.  Well I call at lunch as usual and my Dad answers the phone.  "How is Little Lion?" I ask...."Well we just got back from the hospital."...."What?!?!"..."I'm kidding...he's fine. Here's Mom."  Mom says "Well we had a little fall"...AND...."He tripped on the rug in the kitchen and bit his lip."..."Was he bleeding?"..."Yes, but it's done.  It looks like a small blood blister."  I'm thinking great, my poor baby.  I get to there house and this is what Little Lion looks like!!!!!



UMMMMMM this is not a small cut/blood blister!!!!  Ugg to babysitters.  Yes I know that falls can happen at my house too, but at least I'm there to comfort him.  Of course this has not slowed Little Lion down one bit ;0)  And I'm home...back to the usual without any accidents....knock on wood :)

No comments: