Sunday, June 22, 2008

Out of commission

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile and won't be able to for a week or so either.  I'm taking an ESOL class (English Speakers of Other Languages) ;(  It is 7 days long and not very exciting.  I need to take the class though in order to keep my ESOL teaching certification.  Yes I know I'm retired and yes I know I probably won't be going back, BUT it's better to be safe than sorry.  I'd have to start over from scratch and take 6 classes as well as pay another $75.  Luckily I'm with a few friends to make it less boring.  But I digress....

I have learned one interesting thing in my class on linguistics.  If you pinch your nose you are not able to say the letters m and n correctly.  They are the only two sounds that you push air out through your nose and mouth.  All the other letter sounds, sound fine while holding your nose because air is only pushed out your mouth.



 You're holding your nose right now, aren't you???  ;)  

No comments: