Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School...Wooo Hooo!!!

It's that time of year where Mom's rejoice and kids groan....SCHOOL!! Little Lion started his second year of preschool at ELC today. He is going 3 days a week opposed to the 2 he did last year. I think he's going to continue to thrive and learn a ton this year!

Last Friday, we went to Meet the Teacher. LL already knows his teacher since she is his Sunday School teacher and did lunch with him when I was subbing at school. While I was filling out paperwork, LL worked on his Chicka Chicka Boom Boom tree.Then he went to the toys. His first choice...an ironing board :) He's going to make a great husband one day :)Before we left LL posed by the Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Tree. It's going to be their theme for this week. My *gifted* child points to the bulletin board and says "Mommy, it says Chicken, Chicken Boom Boom!" Hey that's close!!!

Today was the first day of class. I was excited, LL not so much. He wanted to stay home with Mom :) I tried to make it exciting. I made a yummy breakfast of pancakes.We even had some time to jump on the trampoline.I got him ready and put him in a cute outfit and ready to go. Do you think LL was going to be cooperative and let me take his picture??? NOOOOOOO!! Doesn't he know this is a milestone and a Mom MUST take a picture??? This is the majority of pictures I got.....he does have a cute butt though :)


I did actually manage to get a FEW of his face.

And one with his friend C...they are only 2 weeks apart in age...LL looks shrimpy!
I was so proud of LL and myself. There were no tears while I was dropping him off! He remembered the procedure from last year and knew where to put his snack and went to the table to work on his puzzle.
I left quickly while he was occupied. I enjoyed my first morning alone in a few months by having donuts with C's Mom and grocery shopping without a spaceship cart!!! I picked LL up and he had a good day :) A great report from his teacher :) And told me he didn't want to go home, but back to school!!! Those things make a Mommy happy! Aww my big boy is growing up!!

No comments: