Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Birthday America and Gramps!

The 4th of July is always a big celebration for Mr.E's family because his father (LL's Gramps)has his birthday on the 4th too! This year was no exception! Gramps turned 60!! The family made a weekend of it.

Saturday, we rented a pontoon boat and brought our boat to the St.John's River to drive to Blue Springs.

Our boat was a tad faster than the pontoon, so this was our view for most of the way there.

We got to the Springs and docked the boat. The kids played, Uncle T fished, and we chatted.
After awhile hunger set in and we grilled out. The kids had a blast playing on the playground.
You can't have a party without cake!!!
After stuffing our face, we ventured to the springs. I didn't bring my camera, but should have!! I thought I was going to go swimming in the clear water with the Manatees! Well, I did see a Manatee, but there was no way I was getting into the springs!!! It was 72 degrees!!!!!!!! I can't even get in my parents' pool unless it's 84! Mr.E and LL sat on a raft while the rest of the family braved the cold, and I watched. After an hour, we had to head back to the boats to get back to the marina. Plus the clouds were starting to roll in. Mr.E let me drive my boat back ;)
We were pulled out of the water just as the monsoon started!!!! All of our stuff was soaked! Luckily LL and I were getting the car and didn't get too wet. Unfortunately, the rest of the family wasn't so lucky since they were on the slow pontoon. They were soaked! Oh well, we still had a great day and enjoyed each others company!!

The birthday celebration didn't stop there! Sunday, we went to Crabby Bill's to have dinner and watch the fireworks. LL was in such a cute mood!

The cousins were having so much fun playing with each other and the neighboring tables were understanding :)

Here is the whole family after a delicious seafood dinner!
Time for cake! Now my inlaws can go a little overboard at times. This was one of those cases....60 candles on a small 8 inch cake!!!! It took 4 of them to get them all on and 2 of them to light it! I was worried we were going to start a fire!



Gramps did manage to blow most of them out! The smoke was crazy!! However, 1 package of candles were trick ones and didn't want to go out!! The cake did have a layer of wax on the top, but still good :) A pregnant woman can't say no to cake :)
As we waited for the fireworks, Aunt H brought glow sticks and I brought sparklers.
Just as the fireworks started, the rain did too! Luckily, I brought an umbrella. Mr.E, Leo, cousin J, and I huddle under and watched them! It was a great show and LL loved it! He wanted more, more!!!

I hope you had a safe 4th and enjoyed your family as much as I did!

No comments: