Tuesday, April 22, 2008

5 Months Until HAWAII

That's right!  We leave for Kauai on September 22!  We finally have airline tickets that hopefully won't be cancelled.  US Air is NOT our friend!!!!  My parents decided they wanted to go first class since it's a 12-13 hour flight.  Well if they are going first class then we wanted to go first class.....ok by we I mean Mr. E.  It is a bigger expense, but with this lovely tax refund coming, it'll pay for the difference.  Plus Little Lion is still free.  And of course I'm sure we'll get dirty looks having a toddler in first class, but oh well.  There will be 4 of us to keep him entertained and he can lap hop.  I was debating for quite some time on if having him be a lap child or buying him his own seat in coach with us.  So I researched.....www.seatguru.com  The seats in first class are the same size as my recliner chair which the two of us can fit comfortably in side by side.  So I won't feel the need to *have* to hold him the entire time.  


Another plus side of flying first class is that we get access to their Executive Room during our lay over.  The layover is 4 hours....free drinks and snacks and comfy chairs sounds like a good idea to me ;)  Oh and did I mention that you get to check TWO bags for FREE.  Yes that is unheard of now a days, but oh so important when flying with a lap child.  This way Little Lion gets his own suitcase.  Can you tell I'm justifying my purchase?  I'm sure it'll be worth it and make the vacation all the more special!

Drum Roll.............The airline of choice is................



ALASKA AIR!!!

No comments: