Thursday, May 10, 2012

Day 14 Pool Install....Tile

We had a pleasant surprise this morning...the tile guys arrived!!! I wasn't expecting them until tomorrow. 
I had Muffins with Mom at Little Lion's school this morning. When I returned this is what I came home to.
As I was gone, Mr.E was talking with the tile guys and they had thought the accent glass tile was going to be on the steps. We had wanted them to be on the back wall. However, it made Mr.E think that that was a good idea. He sent me on a mission to go get more tile for the floor. So I dropped Flower Power off at the inlaws (yeah for inlaws that live close) and went to the tile store. I called ahead of time to make sure the tile was in stock which it was and when I arrived it was not:( So I'm not quite sure what was going on there, but I did get 2 sheets of pretty close tile for a fantastic price! I get home and our fantastic contractor Joe was here. He realizes our fittings in the pool are the wrong color. He was going to fix it. We also found out from the tile guys that our grout we picked was discontinued. So we picked a new color...delorean gray. All will be fine :) We are in good hands!! Here the tiles guys laid out the accent tile and where it's going.
The kiddos and I headed to a friends house to play for awhile and came home to the tile being installed on the stairs. First they put down a cement layer.
The final stair product. The tile guys were sooooo precise!! They had the measure tapes out and levels. We were very impressed with them making sure everything was level and geometrically straight!
Close up of the back wall of tile and accent pieces.
And we even had our first wild animal in the pool!!! A baby snake!
As you know my Snake Charmer of a husband rescued him.
Tomorrow they'll be back! Hopefully just the tile guys and not the snake :)

No comments: