Monday, December 5, 2011

How the Grinch Stole Christmas Birthday Party!

We celebrated Flower Power's first birthday with a Grinch and Whoville Party. This blog post is all about the details because these have to happen first :) I got so many ideas from Pinterest which is a fantastic site and if you haven't joined...Do it now!!! I'm also really good at *borrowing* ideas from the internet :)

So lets start with the invitation. My husband is great at photoshop and it just so happens that we live near Universal and were able to get a picture with the Grinch.

The decorations were easy since it's already Christmas. My thought was to make the outside of the house Grinchy and the inside Who-ville. Outside was our usual Christmas dancing lights and music show which you can see here from previous years. Mr.E also spelled out Grinchmas in rope lights on the grass. Inside my color scheme was purple, pink, blue, and green with LOTS of sparkles!


I also had lots of ornaments hanging from the ceiling and the windows and twirly ribbons. Here are some pictures with Steve our Elf on a few days.


The Grinch did make a few appearances in the house and our birthday balloon wreath. I made the banner out of quilting fabric of the Grinch story. The balloon wreath took 5 bags of dollar store balloons and an hour in front of the TV :)


The back yard was Grinchy except the highchair where the Birthday girl would celebrate with goodness and whoville:)




The menu was simple! Pizza, Apps, and Cake!! I ordered Pizza, so no pics:) I made Spinach dip and a cheese/veggie/cracker tray. I found at the dollar store cute ornament skewers which I made red/green fruit patterns.
I made a Grinch cake and Grinch cupcakes. I like cupcakes for the kids since it's easier to pass out and everyone gets the same size and amount of frosting :)

Favors are always fun to plan. I started with making each family a copy of the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas movie. Lots of compliments about that!
I made the kids Grinch Pills. I used little pill bags to put them in and Mr.E used his Photoshop skills again for the header.
And for the adults and kids, my friend Kim made Grinch cookies.


WHEW! That's a lot of details!! Dena from Everyday Moments Photography also took some pics which I'm sure are better than mine. I'll link them up when I get them. Stay tuned for the party pictures!!

1 comment:

mackyton said...

What a beautiful birthday party! We are looking for some exquisite event space Chicago for our official meet soon. Want to have a perfect planning to make a good point in our client's views. Dinner or luncheon, still not decided. Even desserts and cookies will be ordered from a reputed place.