Thursday, November 10, 2011

Baby Hostess with the Mostess

My really good friend Teresa is having a baby next month! Since she is one of my dearest and most wonderful friends, another girlfriend and I threw her a baby shower. We've known Teresa since college and we are in the same sorority together...go AXO! Teresa even introduced me to Mr.E on a drunken night when we lived together. Since Teresa has been with me through all the good times and a few bad, she deserved a fantastic shower!! So I decided to get my craft on! I made a banner with baby's name on it. Ok Dena embroidered the letters, but I sewed the rest! One of the easier, but made a big impression crafts was the door initial diaper wreath. It cost a whole $7 to make!!
The theme of the baby shower was Childrens Books. We named all the menu items off of books.

The cookie favors were super cute made by one of the teachers from LL's school.
For dessert, I made from scratch! red velvet, chocolate, and vanilla cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting!
The party was a success and everyone raved about all the hard work we put in to make the shower special! I can't wait to meet Little Wesley and I know Teresa is ready too!! :)

No comments: