Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Kitchen Loaner and Problems updated

I'd have to say that the kitchen is about 90% done! I should have known our 2 week project has turned into 2 months and I'm going to be rushing to be done in time for our get together with friends in a week and a half! Remember my previous post where we had lots of problems with our arrival of our appliances. Here is the list of problems from that post and I'll update in green.

Problem #1 will be taken care of by Mr. E....I hope :) He thinks he's handy enough to install a microwave. Mr. E was handy enough to do it with my help ;) We got the same name brand of microwave, and putting it up was not an issue since we were able to use the bracket that was already on the wall.I think what I'm going to do about Problem #2 is to get a refund on the refrigerator and order a brand new model and suck up the price. A lesson learned is that you pay for what you get on big purchases!!! So we went to Appliance Direct and they didn't have anymore New in the Box GE Profiles. They looked up when they would get them and it stated late September! HELLO I have a party September 12!! We decided to look around for one at another store. Can you believe EVERY SINGLE STORE was out of stock!!!! And they all had a shipment date of late September. GRRR!!! However, AD was kind enough to get us a loaner fridge until the new one is shipped in :) It was delivered today! It's GE Profile as well, but counter depth which I don't want since I like more space in my freezer, but a girl has to compromise at this point other wise I'd have a white fridge for the party (see ugly pic above) . I love the look of all black! The kitchen is soooo sleek now :) Problem #3 will hopefully be fixed tomorrow. I pray that there is nothing majorly wrong or something that the last stupid electrician did to our wires!!! The electricians (not the crappy one from the remodel) came over the next morning. The outlet was fine. The only problem was that the men must have pulled out the outlet from the wall causing it to make sparks. Thank goodness it wasn't something major!!

Also yesterday we got our barstools. We had originally planned to get stools that matched the desk chair, but Mr. E decided he wanted swivel stools instead since that was what he was used to sitting on. Our evening last night consisting on putting together the stools. I like them, but don't love them. I think I miss my funky stools with the red seats. Maybe I don't want to grow up yet:) Here's the kitchen with matching stools.This long weekend I plan on shopping for decor and painting the walls since the fixed dry wall needs to be painted over. Good times! I see the light!!!!


No comments: