Friday, May 2, 2008

Dishwasher

As you can tell I've been busy with no new entry this week.  Swim lessons have been taking up our mornings and leaving Mommy and Little Lion tired.  


Well we had a small crisis this week with our dishwasher.  On Tuesday, we had a playdate in the afternoon.  I of course being the great housekeeper that I am *insert sarcasm here*, started doing dishes a few minutes before they arrived.  I thought I turned the dishwasher on while we went for our walk around the neighborhood.  Wednesday morning, I went into the dishwasher to grab a glass and thought WOW Mr. E was awesome for dumping out the excess water that pools on top of the glasses.  So I took a glass and fork and went on with my day.  

Mr. E comes home from work and goes to get a glass....did I mention I was a great housekeeper????  Yes the dishes are still in the dishwasher that afternoon.  Anyway, Mr. E is like Ewwwww these are dirty....Did you turn the dishwasher on????  I thought I had, but with the rush of the playdate, I could have forgotten.  So I started it again after I had my Ewww moment of realizing I drank out of a dirty cup and ate with a used fork, and why would Mr. E help out in the cleaning department.  

This morning I get up to make breakfast and grab a glass.  Mr. E had grabbed a glass as well and left the dishwasher open.  Wow how nice of him to dump the water.....Wait a minute he didn't do it last time, why would he do that now????  Yes the dishwasher didn't wash the dishes.  Now I know for a fact that I have turned this stupid thing on!!!  The water wasn't coming through to wash the dishes.   I turn it on again.  It sounds fine.  I open it and nothing is blocking where the water would come out....hmmmm.  I call the GE repairman....my mom ;)  She tells me that she knew some people who had the exact same thing happen with their dishwasher....GREAT....How did they fix it I ask?  They sold their house....well that's not going to work for us!  Poor buyers of that house.  

My mom asked if I tried any other cycles.  I didn't, and pushed the pots and pans cycle. Wouldn't you know it starts to work.  And just like our lives the *Normal* cycle doesn't work ;)

No comments: