Monday, March 29, 2010

New Moon Party Cupcakes and Brownies

Last night my girlfriends and I had a New Moon party. New Moon is the 2nd book in the Twilight series and the DVD just came out. If you haven't read the Twilight Series, I'm not sure you are from this planet :) All of us have read the books and of course taken sides as too who Bella should be with Vampire Edward or Werewolf Jacob. (I'm a Team Jacob fan all the way!!) I decided to make Vampire cupcakes and a Werewolf Brownie tray for the party. It started with my usual superb baking skills.....cupcakes and brownies from a box :) For my Vampire Cupcakes I *borrowed* the idea from another website of making red velvet cupcakes and frosting them with white cream cheese icing. I then punctured 2 holes (vampire bites) and adding blood (red glaze). They made me want to suck your blood....snort :)
Werewolf brownies were a little trickier. I couldn't find any great ideas to steal especially using brownies. So I had to improvise :) I thought about my cake decorating and decided I could DRAW a werewolf on the brownie tray. If you know me or are one of my former students...I CAN NOT DRAW!!! But after using my favorite tool....GOOGLE...I had a sort of template.I told you that I can't draw :) However, I was able to see what I liked/didn't like and was able to make this.I placed my much improved template on the brownie tray and outlined it with left over cream cheese frosting from the cupcakes. I used my standard ziplock baggie with the corner cut off. The face features I had to do free hand. Not bad, huh???? All of my friends were impressed :)

Our party was fun! We had spaghetti for dinner (Volturi are in Italy and that's what Bella and Edward had to eat the first time). My desserts for dinner. And during the movie we had popcorn drizzled with blood (butter with red food coloring). I love having friends that enjoy the fun things in life and of course it's always great to hang out and talk with the girls!!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

The cupcakes and brownies were delicious!! I wish the movie was that good!

Regina said...

Shelley, you're so funny! I agree! The desserts were delicious!! Thanks, Robyn!