Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Football Cake

Yup 2 blog posts in 1 day!!! I haven't done this in a while :)

Last night was the Super Bowl. We weren't sure we were going to go to the family party since Mr.E is going out of town for a few days and needed to pack. However, we decided to go until half time. Well our food to bring was dessert. I thought hmmmm I can make a fancy cake and show off a bit ;) I decided to make a football field since it was the easiest and all the things I had in the house. So I started with a sheet cake...yup from the box ;) I tinted the frosting green for grass.Mr.E got in on the action since football fields are NOT my thing :) I used pipecleaners to make the yard lines. I didn't think I could make a straight line with frosting and I could space them out before pushing them into the frosting so it looked even. Mr.E cut off the excess ends. Each team got their own goal area and I put a 50 for the 50 yard line. I did all of this using the good ole frosting in a ziplock bag with the tip cut off. Mr. E constructed goal posts from pipecleaners and I made a football out of.....CALCIUM CHEWS....haha :) It's all I had that was brown and I could mold it...hey it was last minute ;) I did warn all the party goers :)And the final product. It was a hit at the party and everyone enjoyed the cake minus the pipecleaners and football :)

1 comment:

Regina said...

Very Cute!!! Did anyone eat the football? :o)