Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wow Wow Wubbzy Cake AND Cupcakes

I'm on Wow Wow Wubbzy Overload!!!
He is a cute little guy, but after making a cake and cupcakes for Little Lion's birthday, I'm tired of him :)For LL's birthday party I decided to make a Wow Wow Wubbzy cake because LL is OBSESSED with him! He could watch him all day if I let him!

I used the template found at nickjr.com. I made 2 9x13 cakes....from a box (I'm not that fancy :) I made the main cake thicker than the leg/arms/tail cake for depth. I put the templates on the skinny cake and cut them out.The body of WWW was easy as it's just a rectangle with some ears. I put the body down and placed the cut outs underneath the body. I mixed up some yellow frosting by using the Walton yellow gel food coloring dye. I frosted the cake and then used a ziplock baggie with the tip cut off to get the harder parts around the outside. That way, I didn't get as many crumbs in the frosting. For the final touches, I used black icing prebought in a tube. I just outlined the body,arms,legs, and tail. I followed the WWW face pattern and Viola :) The cake was a hit at the party. Little Lion loved it and knew exactly who it was. In his words....Wow Wow Wow :)

Little Lion was in charge of bring snacks this week for school. I thought a cake wouldn't be easy for the teacher and 12-3year olds. So I decided cupcakes. I looked all over and found on the internet this idea which I stole :) It was basically the only WWW cupcake that didn't include the plastic topper things. It was easy, but time consuming. I made cupcakes...box again :) I frosted them with the same yellow frosting. The time consuming part was making the hands and tail. I drew a hand and traced it on yellow construction paper. The lady on the website that I stole it from used yellow file folders. I cut them out...it took an hour!!!For WWW's tail, I took foot long pipe cleaners and cut them in half. I zig zagged them for the true WWW look ;) I stuck them into the cupcakes and added a black eyes/nose/mouth with the skinny gel tube.CUTE!!! Here is the platter of Wubbzy's ;)I did send the teacher a note to make sure to take off the tail and arms so the 3 year olds won't eat it ;) LL's teacher had no idea who Wubbzy was, but all the kids knew instantly when they got them! I think I did a good job. And yes you can pass The Mommy of The Year Award :)

3 comments:

Dena said...

Look at you getting all fancy! The cake looks awesome and I'm sure the kids loved the cupcakes!

BOB BOYLE said...

Wow!
Those are awesome!
Certainly deserving of Mother of the Year honors!

I get Google alerts that show me when anything Wubbzy related pops up on the net.
These are so cute, I just had to comment!

Great job!

Bob Boyle, Creator of Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!

Regina said...

First, How COOL is it that the creator of WWW left a comment on your page!!!!! Secondly, you earned the Mother of the Year award!! That cake is awesome! I still don't know how you ice a cake without getting crumbs in it. I followed your directions last time, and I still can't do it right. One of these days we can have a cake frosting play date!