Friday, June 19, 2009

Cirque de Soliel WATCH OUT!!!

Last night I got together with my girlfriends. The last time we got together we went pole dancing ;) We are always up for an adventure, so we decided this time we would do Anti-gravity yoga. It's a class where you do yoga while hanging in a silk swing/hammock thing. However, when we arrived we found out that they didn't have our reservation and the teacher had not shown up. Luckily there was another teacher there who was certified in Ariel Silk. We decided to try that. If you don't know what that is check out this picture.Granted we weren't 30 feet off the floor, but we weren't bad for beginners. I am pretty darn proud of my friends and myself! We started off on the floor working on foot wraps.Next we worked on getting off the floor into a simple standing position.

And then we started getting a little fancy with peek a boo poses and boat bows.

Then we worked on arm wraps and flipping over.



I think we learned a lot for an intro class!! Of course we needed the obligatory group picture of us aerialists!! Our fabulous instructor, Bree showed off her skills too.As we were leaving, Bree had knotted up the silk and was hanging upside down. I got the big idea that I could do it too :) Guess what I DID!!!!And this is what it looks like when a professional does it :) Hey it was my first time!!!What a great workout and fun with friends! We are definitely going to do this again!!

3 comments:

Sharen said...

I really enjoyed this! Can't wait to do it again with you gals! =)

Lopez Family said...

I am definitely crashing your party next time - this looks like so much fun! I hope you ladies are up for doing it again sometime soon.

Tara's Telling Tales said...

Sorry I missed all the fun!