Monday, June 8, 2009

BIG BOY BED!!!

AHHHHH!!  I was NOT ready for this!  Little Lion spent the night with Grandma and Pop Pop at the hotel on Friday night.  He got to sleep in the BIG bed with Grandma.  Well guess what???  He doesn't want to sleep in his crib anymore!!! 

 We get home on Saturday and he was having a fit about taking a nap in his crib which he usually doesn't do.  I ask him what is wrong and he wants out! Ummm no you still have to take a nap.  To our bedroom we go and we nap.  I thought it was just a flook.  That evening, he wanted nothing to do with his crib.  Obviously he can't sleep with Mr. E and I so we put him in his big boy bed in his new bedroom.  Now we haven't gotten this room ready for him yet.  All that was in their was our old bed and dresser since we got new bedroom furniture.  I didn't have rails for the bed and it was too high to not have some protection from falling out.  So Mr. E turning the dresser around and we stuffed the edges with pillows and blankets so he couldn't get stuck.  He slept all night like such a big boy!!!  

Sunday we headed to Babies R Us to buy rails.  I actually got a little weepy since my baby is done with the crib and he didn't even give me time to adjust!  This means we have a nursery and no baby in it!  Guess we'll have to start working on that ;)

We put the bed together and now he is good to go.  Now I just need to realize my baby is growing up and decorate the poor boy's room!  Here he is napping.....hey I never said he slept the right way in the big boy bed :)

Decorations to the room.....To Be Continued :)  

2 comments:

Lopez Family said...

I know it's bittersweet for you, but he looks so adorable sleeping there!

Regina said...

He is soooo cute sleeping in his HUGE bed!!!